Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Finished Quilt During My Mini Vacation

I finished binding this quilt a week ago, and completely forgot to share the pictures.


Usually, with a quilt like this I would have chosen white fabric for the bias tape, but this time I wanted to do something I normally don't do... and you know what? I think I kind of like it.


Since that last procedure was canceled and we had to reschedule it, I have been working on some projects. I am going to be able to share a couple of the projects soon, and some not so soon, but I am enjoying this little "vacation time" from the procedures.

I miss having you all for my link parties on Wednesdays, but I decided that it is best to take a break until this medical craziness calms down. I don't know exactly how long, but probably a few months.

Having said that, what project is making you happy? What have you been working on?

14 comments :

  1. I like the colored border and I like that you're on a mini vacation. :) I just finished my daughter's valentine's dress tonight; well, technically it still needs a button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your twister quilt and the binding is perfect! I just finished an embroidery quilt and now on to making a new bag. Rest is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fine handiwork! I like the red too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is really really cute. My daughter and her grandma have been making a quilt for my daughters bed. They are ready to put boarders on it and then put the batting in and quilt. although I think they are going to end up knotting it like a comfort. My Mom doesn't quilt and my daughter is not too into stuff that takes too long.
    Did you quilt this by hand or do you use a machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cute quilt, and I really like the different color of the binding. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume this is the little twister pattern? Have not kept up with quilting since I picked up knitting needles.
    I ♥♥♥ knitting these days. Most any time a can let these wondrous yarns slip through my fingers, I'm a happy gal.
    You are in my thoughts daily.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very pretty quilt :) I am currently working on a baby quilt with a nautical red white and blue theme - lots of anchors and boats! I'll post some photos on my blog when it's finished. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colors. the reproduction prints are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! i have the template and charm packs to make this and am so scared!! your turned out great! enjoy your mini vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt! I am working on a twelve points crochet baby blanket...almost done! Glad for your mini vacation these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable. I love the twister pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this pretty quilt! I think the coloured binding perfectly frames it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin