Friday, April 22, 2016

Earthquake

My oldest Child and I were in Japan from March 31st through April 14th. I was going to write about our trip and fun time we had while we were there. The day we left Japan there was an earthquake in Kumamoto and other areas (it's in southern Japan). You can read more about it here.

I heard the news when we landed in LA. I was relieved to hear that it wasn't the area where my family lives, but immediately my heart turned to the people who were affected by this. My mind raced back to March 11th, 2011 when a magnitude 9 earthquake hit the Tohoku area followed by a monstrous Tsunami where my family lives. You can read about my experience here and here.

It is torture not knowing loved ones whereabouts, so devastating to lose people you deeply care about and it must take such courage to press on to survive and rebuild a life that has been taken away from them.

I will post about our trip in a different post, but I wanted to dedicate this post for the people in Japan, and also the people in Ecuador who were affected by an earthquake. I am pretty sure there are organizations that you can donate money, supplies and make quilts etc...

What can we do for them?



2 comments :

  1. So very sad.... thank goodness you and your daughter were not involved! Will continue to keep these families in my prayers.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling. I'm from Iwate. And my family live there.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin