Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sewing Some New Skirts

One day, Rachel and I took inventory of her closet and found out that she out grew many clothes. Not so much of the tops, but pretty much all the skirts that I made for her a couple years back. I have been looking for some skirts to buy at the stores, but they were all too short for my (and her) liking. I promised her that I would sew some skirts for her and that's what I started doing. In the previous week, I cleaned out my fabric closet, so I had a pretty good idea of what I had and this variegated pink fabric seemed like a perfect fabric for her.

I used Simplicity pattern 8106 as a base and tweaked a little, added a cotton liner which gave the skirt slightly more body. It was very simple to make and the best part is that she loved everything about the skirt: I mean, the fabric, style and length! I am going to make a couple more skirts with the same pattern before I move on to making dresses and other items.

It is so cute for her to ask me to make a skirt. I don't know how long this will last but I am willing to sew more skirts every time she grows out of them. :)

3 comments :

  1. She is such a pretty gal. How lucky of her to have a mama to sew for her. I'm slowly learning how to sew ^__^; finished a library tote for my 4th grader and before that was a Star Wars stocking for my husband. Now I want to sew more than I want to knit or read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really cute! My two year old saw some fabric I've been meaning make into peasant dresses for her ,and she asked,"Are these my dresses?" I told her I will get going on it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely girl she is. This makes me want to hit my sewing machine and make skirts! I'm an occasional seamstress with a long list of to-make stuff lol! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin